My project boilerplate; a responsive, mobile-first, HTML5 template for Joomla.
I'll keep this short and sweet, as today is Christmas day and I am enjoying it with my family! I hope you are all doing the same. I want to share my current template starter, what I use to create the leanest, meanest Joomla templates around with anyone who wants it.
What makes it so awesome?
- Responsive, scaling from 320px to 1140px
- Mobile-first, loading the basics styles first then adding additional pzazz for capable devices
- Fluid grid
- Responsive image handling
- Mobile friendly optimisations
- Smart menu handling for mobile devices
- Modernizr, so you can add extra awesome targetting specific device capabilities
- Polyfills to make stuff work in crap browsers
- Lightweight and fast as hell
- Google font goodness baked in
- Clean, semantic markup
- Plenty of module positions, logically named and laid out
- WAI-ARIA Landmark roles
- Built according to Vulcan standards of logic
- Google Analytics integration
Are you mad?
Possibly. I am also drunk with festive cheer and full of love for my fellow man. The Joomla community has given me so much, this is one way I can give something back.